Alert client when new message is received from agent

Hi, I want to know if Genesys has any native capability to alert a user/client whenever interaction messages chimes in from agent (particularly when client is focused on other tabs after starting a chat).

I know that agent gets an alert notification sound for the same case. Is there way we can do the same or any kind of alert for client UI?

Thanks,
Sridevi

Hello,

With Widgets v2 (Chat v2), there is no alert (sound) when a message is received on customer/guest side.
But you could possibly create your own customization if you want/need to (via javascript).

With Widget v2, you can subscribe to some widgets events and trigger the code you want (like playing a sound/alert). But you would have to find a proper way (using html/js) to detect if the customer is focused on other tabs, or other windows.

On widgets side, you could subscribe to the WebChatService.messageReceived event or to the WebChat.messageAdded event. WebChat.messageAdded is triggered whenever a message (customer, agent) is going to be added to the Widgets Chat Transcript UI component.

You can check this post or this post to see how to subscribe to such event.
But as I wrote above, you would still need to manage the detection of focus (in your code - outside of widgets commands/events).

Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.