Attributes lenght limit

Hello

We have noticed that when we export conversations using the Analytics Job, the Participant Attributes are being trimmed to 1024 characters long maximum. Is this a bug or it's the expected behaviour?

Thank you!

I've treated it as intended behavior and modeled my local databases to expect that limit but it would nice to have this an acknowledged, documented, fact.

KVPs aren't usually intended to be huge amounts of data.

The short answer is that this is an intentional feature. I'm still looking into how you get the rest of the attribute data and will post back here once I get an answer.

Ok, thank you Tim :smiley:

@Adrian_Santamaria Unfortunately, there's not a great answer for you at this time. The participant attribute data provided by analytics jobs has been truncated to 1024 characters and there is not an alternative means for you to retrieve it.

There is a project in the works to address participant attribute availability, but it has not yet begun. If you can share your use case and/or vote on ideas at https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/, it will help with prioritization of that project. I would strongly recommend updating your applications to be sure they do not store more than 1024 characters in an attribute to avoid further truncation.

If this is an immediate problem for you, please open a case with Genesys Cloud Care. There may some ability to recover that sort of data manually, but that can only be investigated by Care.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.