Bind phone number and agent

Hello, everyone. There are some questions about contact phone and agent, thanks for your answer first.

Background:
we has create a campaign which has setting the contact list and queue. and we use embeddable framework to got the call.

Questions:

1. When a phone number in the contact list is dialed, could the system assign this call to be transferred to a certain fixed agent(example: phone 001 must be handled by agent B, phone 002 must be handled by agent A), could we achieve this by config the contact list?
  2. If the first question could be achieve, but the agent is in busy line or offline, how did the system to handle this scene, Will the call be lost?

thanks for your help!

Hello,

As far as I know, this is only possible with Preview campaigns.

• Configure Preferred Agent Routing on your queue for agent-owned routing to work properly.
  • Include a column in your contact list for the email addresses or user IDs of the agents associated to each record.
  • Then, in your Preview Campaign configuration, set this column in "Agent Own Column".

See the following articles on Resource Center:
Agent-owned records for preview campaigns overview
Preview outbound dialing campaigns

Regards,

Thank you very much, Jerome.Saint-Marc.

Preview campaigns must be run in manual dialing mode. Could we do this in automatic dialer mode by configuring architect? For example, for each auto dialing call, determine whether the call has the specified agent information, and then transfer the call to the agent. I had seen this question(link: Transfer call to agent that answered previously), seems like architect could handle this scene.

Regards.

Hello,

I've never tried. But it seems it might work. So it is worth trying.

You could have the agent userId or email stored as a custom contact column, and retrieve that info from the Architect flow.

I'd still recommend to use distribution via an ACD Queue with Preferred Agent Routing - to manage the case you raised:
"but the agent is in busy line or offline, how did the system to handle this scene, Will the call be lost?"
So that the call can be delivered to another agent if the preferred one is not available.

Regards,

Actually, I am not sure Preferred Agent Routing would fit in your Outbound scenario.
I don't know if you have a max time to connect an outbound call to an agent (country regulations).
If you have, you'd need to make sure that if the preferred agent is not in Queue, or is busy or offline, the selection of another available agent in the Queue doesn't take too much time (i.e. exceeds what's allowed in country regulations).

Regards,

Thanks for your reply. Jerome.Saint-Marc.

Yes, I guess the implementation flow is:

1. Stored agent email as a custom contact column
  2. When a call comes in, identify its agent email, and try to transfer
  3. If the transfer fails, go back to the queue and wait for other agents to access.

I'm still following the architect tutorial and learned that expressions are needed to do this. The following problems exist:

1. How to identify a phone call and get its agent email.
  2. What method do I need to use to transfer to the designated agent?

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.