Exporting Data Actions via platform API and importing to another GC org

Hello, this question is from a DevOps engineer in my team. She is asking if:

1. There is any way we can query Platform API to get the configuration of Data Actions, presumably in JSON format?
  2. Any way to create Data Actions programmatically using the data grabbed above?

The purpose of this would be to move data actions staged on a Prod org to a Dev org, or vice-versa.

I believe the answer to both questions is currently "no". It seems to be a big hole in the quest to be able to build a GC using IAC (Infrastructure As Code). I'm hoping that I'm just missing something.

If this is not currently possible, is this something on the roadmap, or something that could be added to the roadmap?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out. We do have a Terraform provider called CX as Code. This provider allows you to manage and promote several core Genesys Cloud objects. I would recommend your DevOps Engineer look at the following resources:

1. Install CX as Code
  2. CX as Code Terraform Registry
  3. Introducing CX as Code - Blog Post
  4. A preview of CX as Code - 20 Minute Video
  5. Managing your customer experience as code (45 Minute DevCast)
  6. How to begin your CX as Code Journey
  7. Genesys Cloud DevOps Repository- This is a new repository we are putting in place where we want to build out Terraform Remote Modules
  8. HelloWorld CX as Code Blueprint
  9. Standalone CX as Code Blueprint Including an Example with a Data Action
  10. CI/CD Example with CX as Code Blueprint

You can use the export functionality we have in the Terraform CX as provider. Otherwise we do expose all data action endpoints through our public API and our CLI. (gc integrations actions --help command is the CLI command. Each command in our CLI will map back to our public API endpoint and the corresponding documentation.

Please have your DevOps engineer ping me on the forum if they have any questions as we are actively building out our CX as Code resources, examples, etc.....

Thanks,
John Carnell
Manager, Developer Engagement

1 Like

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply! Glad there's a solution for this.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.