Open messaging participant attributes not available in some cases

I`m implementing a chat solution using Genesys Open Messaging.

My chat solution sends inbound message requests for customer messages and agentless message requests for ChatBot replies.

POST /api/v2/conversations/messages/inbound/open
POST /api/v2/conversations/messages/agentless

I also send customer`s attributes in inbound message requests in field channel.metadata.customAttributes.

When the first message of an iteraction is an inbound message I have no problem and the participant data is available.

I'm having an issue in cases when the first message of an interation is an agentless message. And when the customer`s message comes after, the customAttributes that was sent along with it does not become available on Genesys.

Can you help me with this issue?

1 Like

Hello,

I have just done a quick test and I observe the same behavior.

Could you please open a ticket with Genesys Cloud Customer Care so the issue is tracked and you are notified when it is resolved?
The Product Manager is out of office until Monday next week (Thanksgiving break).
@chad.hansen for awareness

I know another case has been identified this week - next message sent by the customer (with customAttributes) after the conversation has been transferred to a Contact Center Agent (from the Queue) and disconnected/ended by the agent. It might be the same root cause - or related.
Product Management/Engineering is aware of that one and working on it.
So it'd be worth to open a ticket with Customer Care so that your flow is also tracked.

I tried something which may work. I am not saying it is the proper way to manage this - just something temporary until it is resolved, in case this is good enough and allows you to continue working on your flow and integration.
I tried this in the 2 scenarii (your flow and the message after disconnect from agent).
The customAttributes in first customer message are ignored/not saved in the conversation context. But if you send a second message right after, it apparently saves them. My conversation was still managed by the Architect flow when I sent the second message (but I didn't try with a sample code where the second message would be sent few milliseconds after the first one - it was few seconds - so it is still necessary to check that it would work in this case).

Regards,

1 Like

Hello,

The issue with the 2 scenarii seems to be resolved now (I think a fix was delivered to production over the week-end).
The customAttributes of the first message sent by the customer (following the agentless message) should now be propagated properly to the conversation context.

Regards,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.