About the description of Add a generic single sign-on provider

・For identity provider-initiated single sign-on: Use the organization short name.
・For service provider-initiated single sign-on: Make sure that the organization name matches the organization name that you select. It is applicable when an organization maintains multiple Genesys Cloud organizations using a single identity provider.
・Publication page

・Question
(1) Does this mean that "identity provider-initiated" is used when the abbreviation of GenesysCloud is defined in the provider side setting, and "service provider-initiated" is used when the organization name is defined?
(2) What is the difference between "identity provider-initiated" and "service provider-initiated"?
(3) Is "organization name" the company name that appears in the organization's settings?
Where can I check it?

HI @miaobk
I think the Genesys Community Forum would be better able to answer this. This forum is geared more towards the API. That being said I can at least answer part of this --

• Service provider-initiated authentication : At the Genesys Cloud authorization server, users select the SAML identity provider they want to authenticate with. Genesys Cloud redirects them for authentication.
  • Identity provider-initiated authentication: After authentication, the SAML identity provider presents users with a list of registered applications. When users select Genesys Cloud, the system asserts their identities to the Genesys Cloud authorization server.

Here's a couple of docs explaining the differences and how to set up IdP-initiated sso:

https://developer.genesys.cloud/authorization/oauth-apis/identityprovider/sso

I would recommend leaving your questions in the feedback section at the bottom of the resource center page. (Just click the thumbs up or thumbs down icon and it will open up a comments section.) This way the documentation team can update the page for clarity. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.