Architect Scripting SDK vs Archy

I've recently become aware of the Architect Scripting SDK (GitHub - MyPureCloud/purecloud-flow-scripting-api-sdk-javascript: This is the Architect scripting repository that has the built Architect-Scripting package which lets you create, checkin and publish Architect flows programmatically via. JavaScript. Architect Scripting does not have parity with what you can do in Architect's UI at this time but it is extensive for flow creation. If you really want to have just the Architect scripting framework installed, we have instructions on how to do it here but odds are this isn't what you're looking for.) and Archy.

I'm a little confused as to why these two tools both exist, as they seem to have a similar purpose. I'd be very interested in hearing opinions & use cases for picking one over the other.

It does seem me me however, that that the Architect Scripting SDK is a lot more obscure, as there's no direct reference to it in the Developer Center, and its documentation is hosted entirely on GitHub. I stumbled upon it by chance, via forum posts. Is this because it's being phased out/deprecated?

The architect scripting SDK predates Archy. The use cases are a bit different in that the SDK is meant to be used for programmatically interacting with flow configurations, whereas Archy's use case is more focused on import/export of a definition file. Both are supported tools, but the architect scripting SDK team opted to self-host their documentation in github only and not put it on the dev center; that decision doesn't imply anything about the positioning of the tool.

Thanks for the explanation @tim.smith, much appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.