Canned response Custom Substitution set by Script

Hello all,

I am trying to create a canned response with a custom substitution for a new outbound SMS interaction, however, as it doesn't go through a flow I cant use 'set participant data' to set an attribute for the substitution.

I have tried using the script - setting the value to a custom field upon script load, which does create an attribute on the interaction, however, when looking at the conversation object it is setting this attribute to the 'Agent' participant. From what I understand the canned response custom substitution can only be based on attributes set to the 'workflow' or 'customer' participants.

In testing the substitution isn't pulling through the value set to the attribute.

Any other ideas how i can set a value to an attribute under the external participants that can be used for a substitution?

Many thanks all

Hello,

You can use the approach I described on this other post.
You can get ConversationId and Customer's ParticipantId from the Script built-in variables.
And then create/invoke a Genesys Cloud Data Actions to update participant attributes (on customer's participant structure).
Canned Response will then be able to pick them up.

Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.