Client Application - Button on script?

I saw this in a demo - On a working pop up window for an incoming call - this demo has a button that launched a client application. So an application using the Genesys integration plugin to put third party apps in iframes. When I am in the script editor I do NOT see the Client Application as an option as a Click Action for a button. is there another way I should call the app? Or am I missing some option that needs to be enabled? I do have the data action enabled as I am doing APIs in the script.

I should also say I do have the Apps button in genesys at the top and I do have access to my custom client app and it works fine in an iframe. I just cant seem to make a custom button in a script to launch it.

One more addition - The reason to have a button to launch a client integration app is that I want to have the cache ability of the application. If I use a Open URL in the script to just open a window to the client application - soon as the agent goes away from that window or the pop up closes that screen is gone. Where as from documentation the Client App has some caching of session - looks like up to 10. So reason I am trying to find use that feature rather then simply open URL

Do you remember where you saw the demo of this behavior? I've never seen a Genesys Script pop a Client Application in of the iframe locations available in Genesys Cloud. I do believe that deep links are supported, so my guess is that someone probably figured out what the URL was to the Client App iframe and then used that URL in the Script button to launch it.

If you can let us know where you saw the demo then we can hopefully figure out who was giving that demo and reach out to see how they did that.

Hey Crespino --- So I may have been wrong above. I have the demo recording as it was shown to a co worker during a teams call. The button actually is doing a Open URL to another frame in a script. I was able to recreate it that way. So yeah it wasn't actually opening the app =(

To that end and judging by your response - There is no actual way to call an app from a script correct? A use case is that upon answering an incoming call we want to pop an app to be in focus - and on the backend do some API calls. The only piece I am having trouble with is trying to get the App to open and focus. The issue with Open URL is that soon as the pop up is done the session is killed.

So your timing is pretty good here. By mid-July we are going to launch a feature called the Default Panel Manager that lets you define which widget (Genesys or 3rd Party) should be popped to have focus when an agent accepts an interaction. I think that will do the trick for you without having to jump through hoops with a script.

Keep an eye on the Release Notes displayed on the right side of the Admin panel of Genesys Cloud and you should see when that feature is released and available in your org.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! For sure will watch for it.