Counter Logic in Architect

Hello,

We would like to calculate the number of calls that hit a Transfer to Number in the architect flow per day - a counter of sorts.

I have tried utilizing outcomes/ milestones to track this, but there does not appear to be a value to count hits on an outcome/ milestone. Am I missing how to capture that value here? If that is not possible, is there any other function or data action I could utilize to capture this?

Thank you

Hi,

There is nothing out of the box you can use.

Here are a couple of suggestions:

1. You could use a data table. Data tables are simple key-value stores. You can only read them natively in the Architect, but you can use a data action and a public API call to update the data table. The key thing to remember is that data tables have limits on the #rows, etc and a public API call has to have an OAuth Client associated with it and OAuth Client tokens have a rate limit of 300 calls per second.

2. Alternatively, you can use a data action and a lambda. You can have the Lambda hit a small Redis instance to track counts. It's cheap and relatively easy to build out.

Thanks,
John Carnell
Manager, Developer Engagement

A flow outcome should work fine here - before the transfer action do a 'set outcome' and stamp your outcome as a success. No need to use the start outcome or mark any failures - and every call that goes down that pipe is +1 to outcome success and you have your daily/weekly counter. We have a few dozen outcomes in play just for this style of counter.

1 Like

Hey Brad,

Thanks for the response. I had reviewed this with the Architect team, but I don't know if adequately explained it. Hence the solution they had helped me craft.

• John

Hi Brad,

This may or may not be what you're looking for, but there's a counter on flow milestones called nFlowMilestone. There's also nFlowOutcome.

More info at https://developer.genesys.cloud/analyticsdatamanagement/analytics/flows/.

Thanks,
Scott

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.