Customer Identification through google id

Hello,

I use web messenger for an internal service. The chat will be available through a google site where each user will be identified by his Google company access.

How can I retrieve the information from the JS snipet proposed by Genesys, as well as transmit it during the initialization of the interaction to be able to identify the users?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hello.

Interesting use-case. The good news is that we are working on new feature to validate authenticated end-users, specifically based on OpenID Connect (OIDC): that would enable integration into OIDC providers, like Google for example, to validate end-user identity, and capture more attributes into Genesys Cloud. This sounds like matching your needs, and is something planned for later in Q3 of this year. Happy to get you involved as early user.

Thanks!

Hi Angelo,

I have a customer who is looking for OpenID Connect integration for SSO.
Do you have any updates if this feature that will be available soon?

Regards,

Hello Mohamad,

Authenticated Web Messaging with OIDC integration has been released as Generally Available earlier this year. You can get started here: Authenticated web messaging overview - Genesys Cloud Resource Center

Thanks!

Hi Angelo,

Thank you for you quick response.

This is for web messaging authentication, i need if for SSO (agent login) like OKTA SSO

Regards,

You could start here: About single sign-on (SSO) - Genesys Cloud Resource Center
Or follow up in Platform API room, I see several posts about this.