Export all users in Purecloud Collaborate, update email address to new domain, import back to Purecloud

Good evening,

I have an open case with Purecloud support ( Case # 0002588455 ). I've been working with Alexis this evening and he mentioned that I raise this issue in the Developer Forum while he also research this issue with his team.

Question - is there a way to export all Purecloud users into a .csv file, then update the email address and reimport it back to Purecloud. There are 150+ users so updating one by one via GUI would be painful.

My company was acquired recently and we're migrating from OneLogin iDP to Okta iDP so we have to do both. We're upgrading everyone's email address from @counsyl.com to @myriad.com.

Thank you,
Tom

Hi Tom,

The 'export' bit is fairly straightforward.
You can extract the list of users and save as csv using the API explorer facility and running the
get /api/v2/users
Default output is 25 record per page, you can change that to something bigger like 100 so you will have less page output to output.
The json output can be parsed through something like jq
I use jqplay.org site to test filters
To get a csv containing the userId, userName and email you can run a filter like:
jq --raw-output '.entities[] | [.id , .name,.email] | @csv'

The update requires several steps.
I have used the "user PATCH" for every users using:
patch /api/v2/users/{userId}
I have run a basic test with only the email and the version, however would advise you run a test to check the user update process doesn't loose the other user parameters.
If you can get access to basic script features (like bash) you can run something using cURL and the csv values .

Otherwise (and simply for some) just develop a code to do all the above.

Hope this helps.

Jean-Christophe

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.