External Contact for Newbies

I've begun exploring external contacts and have run into some questions. I need some help.

When I access the 'admin' page, I'm unable to find the option to access external contacts. The 'admin/directory/external contact' section seems to be different from what the help document describes.

Currently, I have to copy the URL 'Genesys Cloud' during a live call just to view external contacts. Is there a specific location within the admin page where I can access external contacts? It feels cumbersome to rely on pasting URLs after calls.

I wonder if I'm looking in the wrong place or doing something wrong that prevents me from seeing external contacts without directly pasting the URL. Could you provide some guidance on this matter?

A picture is worth a thousand words. How do I access this page? Currently, I need to enter the URL to reach it because the admin/directory/external contact is directing me somewhere that I don't understand.

Hello,

You can get to the "External Contacts and Organizations" page clicking on the "Directory" menu at the top of your page (Directory drop-down) and selecting/clicking on "External Contacts".

If you don't have the External Contacts choice in your Directory top menu, you may be missing the permission. It is using Externalcontacts > Contact > View permission.
See this page on the Resource Center.

Please note that questions related to the use of the Genesys Cloud platform, base product configuration, ... should be raised on the Genesys Cloud Community forum.
The Developer Forum is meant for questions related to customization and development using our APIs and SDKs.

Regards,

thanks Jerome, I will move the discuess to the genesys cloud community forum .

But the answer I gave above is the way to access that page -> Directory menu at the top of your screenshot (not the Directory under Admin page) -> External Contacts

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.