Genesys Cloud recording export to AWS S3 bucket

I have recently downloaded some months recordings from Genesys Cloud to external AWS S3 and executed jobs got successfully fulfilled.Now, Business would like to confirm that all the recordings get downloaded and nothing is left over. I was looking under "Recording Information* under interaction which has header named "Exported Date" and date gets captured on which recording was exported. I noticed for other months which is not exported shows "Exported Date" as "None".I tried to look into some APIs along with filters on Genesys Cloud portal but did not find any possibility to see whether all the recordings of my chosen month has date mentioned under "Exported Date" or not.This I am trying to make sure every recording has exported not and nothing has value mentioned as "None".Request you to suggest a possible API or filter can be used to verify this.Note: attaching some screen shots with exported date interaction and not exported one

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.