How to start a new webchat widget session on every new tab opened with the same domain url

Hi Team,
I am facing an issue as -

When I am accessing my project domain URL in multiple tabs, I was able to see the previous tab active web chat session in a new tab by automatically opening the widget chat form...

I am expecting like - whenever I am accessing the same domain URL in a new tab, it should display the chat button at the right, and clicking on the chat button should start a new chat session.

Hi there.
Just to clarify: is your query about our latest Web Messenger, or legacy chat widget?
In both cases, either new Web Messenger or legacy chat widget v.2 will try to restore same conversation within the same subdomain. What is the use-case for wanting to start different conversations across different tabs?

Thanks for the reply,
My use-case is - I want to show the chat widget button only on a few screens but not on all the screens, so to hide the chat button I have written a set time interval function to hide it as I couldn't find a way to hide the widget button dynamically based on screens/domain URL...
If the active chat session is not terminated by the time of the new tab opening, the chat window is opening automatically on the login screen which I don't want.

This appears to be a duplicate post of How to start a new webchat widget session on every new tab opened with the same domain url - #3 by himaja

Hi,
is your query about our latest Web Messenger, or legacy chat widget?

Legacy chat widget

Web Chat widget v.2 assumes that same client identifiers are used in current sub-domain, so you cannot run different deployments.
You should evaluate Web Messaging, where you could potentially use different deployments (within same sub-domain), and depending on the page, run distinct conversations.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.