Inbound messaging - time waiting in message queue

Hi Folks!

Using the Open Messaging API and knowing that a conversation lasts up to 72 hours I have some doubts:

1- is the time of 72 hours measured from the first msg sent by the customer?
2- If the client sends a msg at the timestamp 71:00:00 one minute after a new conversation will be created?
3-how long can a conversation wait on queue for an agent to answer the interaction?
4- Is it possible to abandon a messaging conversation in the queue?

BR

Hi Jarei,

I will try to answer as best as I can:

1. The time starts from the first message sent by the customer, but I believe it resets and starts counting up 72 hours after each disconnect.

2. If the client sends a msg one minute after the 72 hours it will start a new conversation.

3. A message will wait in a queue indefinitely. However, you can set service level alerts on the message so that the interaction will be flagged in recording.

4. I believe you can do it using the PATCH /api/v2/conversations/messages/{conversationId} call. To move it off queue you would set the state to be Disconnected. There is an example of doing this with a call (different API) same concept here.

Thanks,
John Carnell
Manager, Developer Engagement

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.