Is it possible associate a phone with several lines to an agent?

Hello,

We are developing an application to manage calls in Genesys Cloud.

We are currently associating a line to an agent at login. We have discovered that a station is associated with a line in a phone, the id for the line is the same as the id for the station.

Our question is: Is it possible to associate a phone with 2 lines to an agent? This way we will get notifications for communications in both lines and manage these communications in both lines.

Thank you in advance.

Ricardo.

Hello, general configuration questions are best suited for the Genesys Cloud Community Forum. You may find the answer you're looking for in the phone configuration documentation: About managed phone configuration - Genesys Cloud Resource Center

Hello Tim,

thanks for your reply, but my question is not about configuration. The configuration is already done. We have several (polycom) phones with 2 lines each.

My question is if as an agent with an application that we are developing there is a way to connect to a phone (with 2 lines) instead of connecting to a line.

I am guessing that the answer is no, having in account that when listing phones to connect with the agent in genesys cloud what is actually listing are lines.

Thank you.

If you have a specific question about how to use an API endpoint to create stations or something like that, we can discuss that here. But general questions about how lines work, how you would set up phones for a particular use case, or the behavior of a phone/station/lines are best suited for the community forum. This forum is specific to technical matters related to API use and custom development.

If you are asking about technically how to use the API endpoints for setting up phones, here are a few resources that may help:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.