MS Teams - Sign in to Microsoft automatically after the initial login to Genesys Cloud via the Azure SSO integration

Hello

Using the MS Teams integration, agents have to sign into Microsoft to be able to see presence statuses of MS Teams users. In our case, agents log into Genesys Cloud via the Azure SSO. The customer does not want agents to a have to sign in to Microsoft again after the initial login to the Genesys Cloud UI. The customer want this to be automatic not manual.

Any solution please ?
Is this feature in the roadmap of the MS Teams integration ?

Thank you in advance.

Hello Maodo,
An enhanced Azure AD SSO workflow that includes the additional Microsoft scopes necessary to also log a Genesys Cloud user into the GC MS Teams app is currently not scheduled on our roadmap. I have created a product idea that you can vote on in our product ideas lab here: https://genesys.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLCOLL-I-627

In case it helps, the user should not have to enter their MS AD credentials a second time. They should only have to hit the MS Teams login button to authenticate into MS Teams. A user's MS Teams authentication should persist across GC user login sessions. Meaning, once they logout of GC and log back in to GC, their Teams account should still be authenticated.

Thank you for raising this to us,
Jason Wolfgang
Genesys Cloud UCC Integrations Product Manager

1 Like

Hello Jason,

Thanks for your inputs. I have voted for the idea hoping that it will be very soon in the roadmap.
I know it's a matter of 2 clicks when there is an active SSO session but the customer does not want to repeat this manual process every morning.

Best regards,
Maodo

You're welcome, Maodo. One quick clarification. The user shouldn't have to re-authenticate into MS Teams every morning. The MS Teams token should automatically refresh once the user logs in to Genesys Cloud the next day.

I hope this is helpful,
Jason Wolfgang

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.