MS Teams Telephony Integration

Hi Dean - I am not sure as I dont know how you are set up today. You can likely reuse the existing SBC configuration so long as you make sure the dial plan (GC side) and number plan (Teams side) are configured to send calls through the correct trunks.

I am getting close to being ready. We are working on formal documentation and after that is complete I'll do a write up here with more details.

1 Like

Sorry Matt, realizing I did not respond previously! The SBC can be wherever you want (cloud or premises) so long as you are using the correct connection method to GC (BYOC-Cloud or BYOC-Premises) and a Microsoft-certified SBC connected to Teams via Direct Routing. Its possible to set up the SIP connections with an on-premise SBC.

Trey, you had mentioned in this discussion that Genesys was working on getting the Edge appliance certified for MS Teams Integration. I believe you said Edges would be certified for the Teams Direct Routing. Any progress on that?
I'm looking at the AudioCodes Live Essentials service for Direct Routing on Teams to connect our Genesys Cloud Voice ORG to our Teams users to get them PSTN access.
Wondering if the Edge's are certified if we can just do the Direct Routing config straight to the Edge, maybe via a BYOC trunk.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Greg - we're in early discussions w/ MSFT about getting our AWS-based edges certified for use with Teams' Direct Routing. We have proposed some options to MSFT but not have much headway on selecting a solution yet, and unfortunately I dont have a sense of timeline (assuming it is feasible). My recommendation would be to stick with your current external solution for Direct Routing connectivity for the time being until we know more.