Multiple Queues not working

Hi,

I work for Medallia and we have an A/C with Genesys. The admin had created an initial queue named "Medallia Inbound" and added few users in it. including myself. I have admin privileges to Genesys Cloud.

I want to test queues by ingesting records pertaining to a particular queue using Medallia's connector UI

So I duplicated the original queue "Medallia Inbound" and named it "Medallia Inbound Second".
I removed myself as a member from the original queue "Medallia Inbound".

The new queue "Medallia Inbound Second" is activated.

When a call is made by a customer, I see that the call is not transferred to ACD.

Then I added myself again in the original queue "Medallia Inbound" and now the call is transferred to ACD.

So look like the ACD is not working for the newly created queue. It only works with original queue "Medallia Inbound"

It's a setting issue , but I am not able to figure out what else needs to be set.

I also logged in as "Architect" and changed the Inbound voice flow and set the queue to "Medallia Inbound Second"

Amy help in resolving this is appreciated?

Hello, general configuration and product usage questions are best suited for the Genesys Cloud Community Forum. This developer forum is specific to API usage and customizations.

Thank you. I will post out there