The new API Explorer tool has been updated based on feedback we've received since launch. Here's a rundown of the changes found at https://developer.genesys.cloud/devapps/api-explorer.
- Browse by API Category/Category Filter - The category filters on the right-hand column allow you to filter the list of resources on the page to show only the ones you check. This should assist in replicating the previous experience of having the API endpoint documentation segregated by category, and all at the same level/place in the site.
- API Resource Group by Category - API resources are now grouped by category in collapsible containers. Displayed category groups are limited to categories that contain resources based on the resource filter (textbox above) AND the selected categories.
- API Doc Reading Mode - Enabling reading mode disables all of the interactive parts of the new API Explorer tool to make it more closely resemble the previous read-only experience. This setting applies globally on the site and can be toggled globally by changing it from any resource.
Please comment below with any comments, ideas, and constructive criticism you have about the API Explorer Beta tool. We're still in active development it and want to keep an open dialogue with the community so we can incorporate your feedback as we go.
Ac couple of the upcoming features we are working on are:
- Integrated Analytics query builder functionality - the request builder will be enhanced with additional context to guide the creation of queries. This will come with some new and updated guides documenting various queries that contain embedded API Explorer resources (execute the queries directly in the guide page!).
- Integrated Search query builder - same enhancements as for Analytics, but for the Search APIs. Will also come with some new guides with embedded resources.