No Input not working in Bot flow

Hi there,

The No input following a 'Ask for Intent' action is not working. I have tried everything and if the customer doesn't respond to the bot it keeps Transferring to ACD which is the opposite of what we want, we'd ideally like to ask the question again but it doesn't do it.

I have the Error event to Exit the flow & the User input settings set to 5 max no inputs. However, the bot never seems to actually action the No input, so never re-asks the question and just transfers to a queue. I have also put settings into the Inbound chat flow to try and analyse if the intent is set or not after the bot flow has been called, or if the exit reason equals a certain thing but not matter what I do. It isn't following what it should be doing?! It doesn't even tell the customer it is going to transfer to a queue so they have no idea what is going on.

I've even tried to put some decisions into the bot flow itself to try and evaluate if the intent is set or not. Not sure what else to try at this point! Can anyone help?

Cheers,
Eilidh

Eilidh, No Input is only for voice interactions as chat will wait until the user enters something. If they don't, the Architect flow will wait for input and eventually end and route to agent. Not sure of the rest of the flow, but the No Input event will never be raised as you will see in Utterance History. Have you included the No Intent check box in the Ask for Intent block?

Ah! Genesys documentation seems to indicate it would work under chat.
Yes, I have the No intent checked and have a path set for that, it doesn't go this way either.

No, it will go in no direction as the bot will wait until the chat times out and closes, so no action can actually be taken. Even if an event was triggered, the chat would be closed, so there is nowhere to send the response to.

Well, the chat isn't closing, it's sending the chat to a queue? All I need is for it not to do so. Getting too many chats where agents are asking "are you there?" and customer doesn't respond as the bot has connected the customer to a queue when no response from customer, instead of disconnecting.

@msassoon What is the default timeout value set to for the Genesys Cloud Bot Flows? Is it set to 12 hours or 2 hours, etc.

Not really a timeout in Bot Flows, but all interactions that are inactive for 30 minutes will be closed.

I am doing some testing and noticing that all web messages are disconnecting after 5 minutes if there is no customer input at the Ask For Intent step within my Bot. I've adjusted the threading timeline and noticed that regardless of the threading timeline, the message disconnects after around 5 minutes. In my bot flow, all paths should Exit the Bot Flow, and then in the messaging flow, transfer to queue, but this is not happening. Could you provide some insight as to why it's disconnecting after 5 minutes?

Just for the group's knowledge.. I did talk to support and they say they confirmed with Dev that a Bot Flow will have a 5 minute timeout. For example, if I initiate a bot flow from a web messaging flow and greet the customer in the bot flow, but the customer doesn't respond after 5 minutes, the session disconnects. This happens regardless of the logic defined in the bot flow.

That's so weird as mine is connecting to a queue rather than disconnecting! Even though you say it should do this regardless!

Are you initiating via Web Messaging or web Chat?

web chat. I imagine they act differently then?

I did just test using web chat and it does infact go to queue. that is interesting.

Just an update that the team changed the timeout to 72 hours, so users returning to a Messaging session will still be able to pickup the bot where they left off with Dialog Engine Bot Flows. Other bots timeout earlier than this.

Thanks Marc. Are there any plans to make this a configurable setting? Or atleast, have some control of what happens if it times out?

Yes, there is some thinking around this now. Currently it fits Web Messaging and will be useful for other areas.

Marc,

How does the bot timeout setting interact with the Web Messaging threading setting?

If the web message thread is 5 minutes but the bot timeout is 72 hours, does the web message thread timing override the bot timeout?

The Threading Timeline for Web Messaging only affects the agent view and not the customer. Setting it to 5 minutes would only show messaging sessions that are 5 minutes old in the desktop. Customer timeout is always 72 hours and can't be changed at this time.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.