Open Messaging - outbound messages

Hello,

We are implementing Open Messaging integration with a 3rd party SMS platform to send Agent initiated messages. I have created an open messaging integration.
The usecase is for an agent when on a voice or chat interaction, can send an SMS to the customer.
How do I:

1. Send the outbound message to the customer using the open messaging integration? Is it via Post message as documented here and I have to do this via a script?
    https://developer.genesys.cloud/commdigital/digital/openmessaging/outboundMessages#receive-an-outbound-message-on-your-webhook

2. Is it possible to leverage the open messaging integration from within the Interactions page/start conversation/send message? Without using platform API/script.

Regards

1. Yes, that documentation describes how your integration handles sending an outbound message
  2. You must make an API request to the mentioned API to initiate an outbound message to your integration. This API request can be made from any place you like where you're able to make authorized API requests.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.