Secure Pause Annotations DurationMs vs AbsoluteDurationMs

When getting the Pause type Annotation using GetConversationRecordingAnnotations (.NET) for a Secure Pause, usually DurationMs and AbsoluteDurationMs are the same but sometimes they are not. We have been using DurationMs. When they are different it appears AbsoluteDuration Ms is more accurate. What is the difference between the two and why would they be the same most of the time and differ sometimes? Here is an example:

Id: 5a38337a-7058-4b83-84cc-c17fcd50550c
Name:
Type: Pause
DurationMs: 14300
AbsoluteLocation: 95520
AbsoluteDurationMs: 20025
RecordingLocation: 95920
RecordingDurationMs: 0
User:
Description: Secure Pause
SelfUri:

Per the response schema documentation for GET /api/v2/conversations/{conversationId}/recordings/{recordingId}/annotations:

• absoluteDurationMs (integer) Duration of annotation (milliseconds).
  • recordingDurationMs (integer) Duration of annotation (milliseconds), adjusted for any recording cuts.

Thanks. I was having trouble finding the schemas. I still don't see them even using the link you provided and they are apparently not searchable. My apologies.

So, what does "adjusted for any recording cuts" mean? thanks

If you expand the "API Responses" section, you'll see documentation about each of the possible responses for the endpoint.

The absolute time is simply the end minus the start time. The adjusted for cuts time is the absolute time minus any periods of time that the recording wasn't active.

Thanks. So, in the example I provided the AbsoluteDurationMs was greater than the DurationMs. The scenario was a blind transfer where I did a secure pause in both segments of the call. The second one had the difference in the two (I think it was the second one). It did this a few times in lab testing but now it will not recreate. I also was going to compare these values with what is shown in the Genesys Cloud interactions for the call. Code wise I just changed to using AbsoluteDurationMs for now.