Set "Remote" name in Web Messaging

HI team,

I note that in chat, if we send the following variables they will be shown as the "remote" in performance views.
context.firstName and context.lastName.

Although in web messaging, the remote is always shown as Guest.

Is there a way to set the Remote in performance views for web messaging?

Thank you,

Rob

1 Like

Hi Robert - Web Chat relies on different attributes for end-user's name.
For Messaging in general we'll use a different approach, which is now in-development, that relies on attributes from the Contact Profile. The idea is to centralize contact resolution into single source of truth (aka External Contact record), see this idea: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/ANLS-I-828
For Web Messaging specifically, there is an additional option to leverage Authenticated Web Messaging: in that case you would see the actual name of the end-user as captured via OpenID Connect claims, and it would appear in Remote attribute (also as "validated" name in interaction details, see picture attached).

Hi Angelo,

Thank you for the update. Our team does not plan on using Authenticated Messaging at this time. Additionally, it is not part of their operations processes to use external contacts.

With this solution that is now in development for external contacts.. Will there be a way to set (create or look up) the external contact in the architect flow based of a custom attribute ("name"). I have tried testing this and I can create the external contact, but fail to look it up to set it on the interaction.

Thank you,

Rob

Hi Robert.
The Idea I had previously pasted was very specific to the Analytics UI, based on your initial comment. There is a more generic idea for Identity Resolution here: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/DIG-I-633
To your latest question around access via Architect: can you provide more details on the use-case (what you are trying to solve), and also the part that fails?
Thanks!

Hi Angelo,

I am also facing similar challenges. Unlike web chat where there was a form to capture the customer name and it was getting set as "Remote" name which is also available interactions view and agents can search on it as well but in Web Messaging it's always comes as "Guest". We cannot use authenticated chats and neither can add them as external contacts since the use case if for potential customers only, leveraging external contacts is not an option.

Is there a way to update the remote name for un-authenticated chats to make it available under interactions view?

Thank you!

Hi Raghav,
In order to replace the generic "Guest" label you need to update the customer profile with identity attributes that you might collect (via Bot qualification or custom attributes): you can refer to External Contacts APIs and can trigger via Architect Flow + Data Actions. We are looking at how to further simplify this task.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.