Setting wrapup codes solution via API

Hi,

when an agent clicks a wrapup code during wrapup time, but, he does NOT press the "Done" button, the selected wrapup code is not saved for that contact. Instead, the "wrapup timeout" standard code is used for that interaction. This is a problem for our customer, because his agents select a wrapup code but want to wait as long as possible then and not press the done button because they have "the right to have the wrapup time that is assigned". By consequence, they just let the wrapup time pass.

I know this doesn't sound very sensible for us, but, in a contact center this is fairly common (pressing done means you have to work more). We have found no configuration options to change this behaviour.

The customer asked whether there is a solution for this using the API and a page or widget or whatever is possible, which would allow the agent to click a wrapup code during wrapup time (or even conversation time), but then let the wrapup time just automatically finish.

Any ideas or suggestion? I guess other people have the same issues as well?

Refer to the very last note on this weekly Release Notes from last month for guidance on how to change wrap after the fact

or this one on how to set it while it's still live - Assign Wrap up code by API

As long as you don't send "state": "disconnected" I believe it will keep the conversation active but probably want to double check that.

So this would mean that I can set the wrapup code AFTER the call has ended AND the wrapup time is already done, by an application (with client credentials grant, and thus not from a user context). Is that correct and can you confirm this?

That is what the announcement says, yes.

Ok, thx for the quick reply, this would enable use to make some kind of workaround...