Transfer to Queue Priority

Hello everyone,

I am trying to configure a script to transfer webchat interactions. In instances of misdirect, agents would be using the script to transfer the interaction to the queue.

I am trying to understand if when doing a blind transfer to a queue, is it possible to add/keep the priority for the interaction transferred? Based on my tests, it looks like the priority was reset to 0 but wanted to confirm if there was a solution for this.

Thank you,
Louis

I believe the best way to do this is to transfer to an Architect flow instead of directly to the queue. The flow will allow you to specify your routing options in the queue transfer action. You can also read participant attributes that have been set prior to the transfer and use whatever other logic you need to determine the correct settings for the transfer.

@tim.smith
I tried transferring to a flow but had an issue.
I follow the solutions mentioned in this thread, but it didn't work.

Is that possible to transfer to a flow for webchat interactions?

I'm checking with the web chat team to see if there's any special instructions for transferring to a chat flow. My assumption was that inbound flows would be a valid target for a transfer just like you can do for voice, but I'll confirm that.

In the meantime, can you provide more information on why the solutions in the linked thread didn't work? What did you do and what happened? Did you get any errors?

@tim.smith
Thank you for looking into this.

The way I configure the script is as shown in the screenshot. First, the Salesforce case is updated, and then the interaction transferred.
When transferred to a queue, that works. However, when trying to transfer to a flow using the flow ID as shown in the screenshot, it gives me the error "Failed to transfer the interaction".
I also tried using FlowName@localhost

1 Like

Hello,

As replied on your other post, it is not possible to transfer the web chat to an Architect flow (almost sure).

Regarding change of priority, a new API endpoint was introduced recently (I mean a couple of months) which allows setting priority and skills while a conversation is in Queue.
PATCH /api/v2/routing/conversations/{conversationId}

Regards,

Hi @Jerome.Saint-Marc ,
Thank you for the info.
Does that mean the priority can be changed manually while the interaction is waiting in queue?
or
Is it something that can be automated once the interaction has been blind transferred?

There is also a new Action in architect to update Priority, which you can use in the In Q flow to update the priority.
Or you can use the API mentioned above as a DataAction.

So you can automate it, by building your in Q flow to either call the DataAction or use the build in Action to update the priority when it is transferred to the queue.

Hello,

In-Queue flows for Web Chat are not available/not supported.

Regards,

Hello,

Yes, Priority can be changed invoking this API endpoint while the conversation is in the Queue.

I can't think of something which would be totally automated at this time.

You could possibly try to add this in the Script itself, invoking it via a custom Data Action (maybe one or two seconds after triggering the transfer).

Otherwise, you would need to build a piece of code:

• running permanently, connecting to GC, monitoring a set of Queues (Platform API - Notifications API via websocket) and automatically changing priority when a chat enters the Queue.
  • in an AWS Lambda, that gets triggered when receiving certain events on AWS EventBridge (using Genesys Cloud AWS EventBridge integration)

I see that you have also asked questions on web messaging.
Note that Web Messaging supports Architect In-Queue Message flows. Which means that you can have an Architect flow running while the web message is in the Queue, and change the priority directly from the flow (there is a dedicated Architect block/action for this).

Regarding future, there is a new capability (currently in test/beta) that could be of some help (to avoid coding something in javascript/python/....).
It is called Process Automation trigger. Based on a certain event (configured), it will be possible to trigger an Architect workflow. You could then invoke the Data Action (to update priority) directly from that workflow.
See here for a recent answer/info on Process Automation trigger

Regards,

Hi Jerome,

I tried doing it from the script, but once the interaction is transferred, priority goes back to 0. We'll keep your information in the backpocket, we may need it later.

Thank you for the help.

Hello,

I meant you need to update the priority (via API) AFTER the transfer to queue is performed (i.e. while the webchat in the queue).

Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.