Transfering a digital conversation to a third-party bot or chat

Hi,

Is there a way to transfer a digital conversation (webchat, WhatsApp, etc.) to a third-party bot or chat?

A customer requires that a third-party bot or data-entry agent would collect basic info like address, email, current insurance details, etc.

It should be just like the Blind Transfer of voice interactions: Transfering a conversation to a third party by freeing the agent and still recording the call on Genesys Cloud CX.

Thanks,
Oktay

Hello,

At this time, transferring a digital/message or chat conversation to a bot (via an Architect flow/script) is not supported.

Please see this previous post with similar question - you can vote for the idea referenced in the thread.

Regards,

Thanks Jerome,

I am aware that it is not possible through the Architect. I was wondering if it's possible to accomplish it through the API or SDK somehow.

Regards,
Oktay

Hello,

No, it is not possible to achieve this via API either. Currently, you can transfer to a Queue or to a User (via API and via UI).

Regards,

Thanks for the clarification.

Regards,
Oktay

That's why voting for the idea/feature which is in the other post I referenced can be useful. Product Management evaluates features periodically. Or creating a different genesys cloud specific to your bot scenario.

Regards,

I cannot find the idea with that link: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLDIG-I-624
is it still available?

The idea may have been merged into another one or they may have renumbered the ideas.
I don't know if the following idea is the one I had referenced before or if it is a different one - but it is the same purpose/request: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/INB-I-867

Regards,

As an FYI, we recently Beta released new feature for In-Queue Flows supported with Messaging channels: Work with in-queue flows - Genesys Cloud Resource Center
That would make it possible for agents to transfer to a Queue, which then triggers a Flow.

Thanks,
Angelo

Thank you for the update. When can we expect this to be available? We are working on a release that could benefit from being able to transfer messages to a queue. And just o be sure, this is limited to messaging so no support for the chat channel, correct?

That's correct: in-queue flows are limited to messaging channels. If you need this sooner, you could get involved as Beta adopter.

Thanks for the update to this query.