Unable to use API to answer first call of the day

When using the JS platform API and an ACD call is inbound, for the first call of the day (or after the client app is restarted) we are unable to answer the call using the API. All subsequent calls work as expected.

Would the issue be that the WebRTC phone needs to be initialized prior to using the API to interact with a call or am I missing something easy.

We're calling:
patchConversationsCallParticipant(, , {"state": "connected"})

Any help is appreciated

Hi Ryan,

A couple of things:

1. You need to force the browser to be in focus when you bring your browser up. I talked with the team lead and he told them they have seen this before. The browser will not accept the first call if the browser is not in focus.

2. This can also could be an issue with a slow turn server.

Could you provide a little more detail on the tech stack you are using? Are you using our WebRTC SDK? Do you have a Turn server in the stack?

Thanks,
John Carnell
Director, Developer Engagement

John,

Thanks for the reply.

We are currently only using the JS Platform API to control calls. We are not currently using the WebRTC SDK. This web app works alongside a native Genesys app or browser app.

We do not have any additional TURN servers in our network outside of the ones Genesys uses.

Our use case is to provide call controls only, not to create or manage the WebRTC phone within our web app. If the WebRTC SDK is required to accomplish this we are certainly open to including it.

Appreciate any help or thoughts,
Ryan

Please open a case with Genesys Cloud Care to investigate the issue with the base product client not connecting your call. The API request you're making is only responsible for initiating a request to answer the call; everything that happens after that is internal workings of the cloud services and can only be investigated by Care.

@Ryan_Pierce did you open a case with Genesys regarding this issue? Is there a solution for this? I believe we experience the same issue when trying to start first call using API.

The Genesys team is looking into our case now. I'll be sure to post any solution or answer here.

Did you try enabling "Placing calls with another app" under phone settings? If I understand it correctly the feature is meant to be used for other cases, like placing calls with remote phones, however it seems to be a workaround for this problem as well.

Yes, all settings required to make calls on behalf of user are set. The issue appears to be that the WebRTC session between Genesys and the Genesys client has not yet been established yet.

The webrtc phone needs to establish a connection first to answer via the API.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.