User Roles and divisions

Hello

I am able to successfully create a user via SCIM with the required division (Operations) and Roles.

My issue is that the Roles have the Home division, even though the user is created in the Operations division.

Is there a way when I assign roles they automatically have the same division as the user?

Thank you

It currently does not set the division for the role. That might be an oversight in the implementation so we will investigate if we should be setting the division to the users default.

Any update on this ? We are also experiencing a similar problem.

Our initial review of this was that changing it would have a more negative impact on the API than leaving it behave this way. Changing this, even if we consider it a bug, will be a breaking-API change that will require a pre-announce to customers. So, not a quick change even if we decide we can change it. I have created a BUG story for the Integrations team to review for this as a first step on our side.

Thanks Greg!

Another challenge here is to assign a default phone for the user via API. Can you attatch this to the BUG that you have opened ?

About the original issue.
I can assume, this is still the case till this day?
Or has the Bug been fixed?

Please open a case with Genesys Cloud Care if this issue persists. Thanks!