Format text in WebChat Widget version 2.0

Hi guys,

I am actually exploring if there is anyway to enable Format text in WebChat widget. Knowing that within GC, format text is working whenever criteria met (eg. [asterisk]hello[asterisk] = hello).

Went through the webchat config but could not find any relevant option for this. Just wondering is this even possible to be enabled on webchat widget?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Kent Hong

Hello,

WebChat Widget v2.0 indeed supports markdown formatting.

In order to enable it on the customer/guest side (in the Genesys Widgets), you need to enable an option in the widgets configuration.

window._genesys.widgets.webchat.markdown = true

The option is listed in the Widgets WebChat configuration.

In case it is of interest, here is an old post where I was describing the format for a clickable link with markdown.
And another one where I had included widgets configuration for localization, which also had this markdown option enabled (under webchat structure).

Regards,

Hello Jerome,

Thank you so much for the advice. However, I have enabled the markdown option and tested that message from GC to customer side, the format applied. But in another way, when customer try to bold a word, it does not apply the format in customer chat view.

Is this something that expected?

Thank you.

Regards,

Hello,

I have just done a test and I have the same behavior.
I have sent a message to the Product Manager to check if it is intended or not.

Regards,

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for escalating this. Do let me know if you have answer for this.

Regards,

Hello,

I just got the answer.
This behavior is indeed expected ("known constraint").
"Only messages from the business (Architect, Bot, CC Agent) are processed for markdown. Messages from end-user are not processed."

Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.