3rd Party Chatbots with PureCloud

PureCloud will be introducting Guest Chat APIs in an upcoming update. They are currently in beta as of this writing. Using these Guest Chat APIs and a little bit of development you can create a fully functional Chat Bot integrated with PureCloud. This will provide a seamless experience for the end Customer (capability: switching between the Bot engine and a real Agent) along with access to multiple channels like Skype, Facebook Messenger, Slack and more.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://developer.mypurecloud.com/blog/2019-03-07-3rd-party-chatbots-with-purecloud/index.html

Hi, I have a Microsoft Bot built with C#, is there any way to embedding it in PureCloud ?

If you mean an ASP.NET web page, you can embed web pages using Client Apps.

Actually, I meant the same implementation above but in .net (purecloud-chat.js in .NET not in node.js)

Can you describe what you're trying to accomplish? It sounds like you have already built something, but I'm not sure what it does or what you're trying to do with it.

Hi, so I have a chat bot built using Microsoft Bot Framework (c#) and I want to in case the chat bot couldn't help the client to connect him to pure-cloud agent. the same scenario you are proposing above or in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwt_O7e_2vo
the shared source code is implemented using NodeJS and I was wondering if you have it also in C#

No, that example isn't in C#.

Would it be possible to get an example of how this would look/work with slack?

The original blog is for ACD chats with customers where a customer starts a chat with a company from a website. What did you have in mind around it working with Slack? Today, ACD chats get delivered to agents in the PureCloud UI, or other custom UIs.

According to the new 3rd Party Chatbots API
A chatbot installed on the different channels mentioned above would open a chat with an agent waiting on queue

1 Like

Has anyone attempted or been successful in using Genesys Cloud chat and transferring out to another chat service like PureConnect through ICWS?

The sample in Bitbucket opens a Websocket connection, but never closes it. For a production implementation, shouldn't you close the websocket connection after being disconnected?