Add Priority Points to Voice Callbacks before In-Queue flow

Hi.

We have an issue with assigning Priority points to voice callbacks and I was thinking that we could somehow resolve this via an API

We have the following requirements

• Queue 1 - Main Queue. We then Rollover to Queue 2 after X minutes.
  • Queue 2 - Rollover queue from Main Queue

Scenario - Customer comes into IVR and before we transfer to Queue 1, we check if there are calls in Queue 2
If so, we give the Customer and option of a Callback and If they select to have a Callback, they are added to Queue 2.

Issue 1 - We want to assign Priority points to the Callback when it is created, but since this is done in the In-Flow, not the In-Queue, we cannot assign Priority Points and the Priority always ends up being 0 when hitting Queue 2.It looks like you can only assign Priority points via a Transfer to ACD or while In-Queue.

Issue 2 - If we ask the customer while they are in Queue 1 if they would like a callback, the In-queue callback only allows us to go to the current queue and not Queue 2 ( hence why we do this check in the In-Flow where you can select the queue )

Any way we can resolve this in the In Flow before it goes to Queue 1? Basically we don't want the customer waiting X minutes before rolling over to the overflow queue and then being given a callback option

Thanks

As a follow up should anyone have a similar issue - I found a work around.

1. We give the customer an option for a callback before the queue and If they select 1, we gather all their details and it creates a Flag in the Participant data i.e. Callback = Yes.
  2. Instead of doing then callback Block, we do a Transfer to ACD to the Rollover and in the Rollover In-queue, we check if Callback = Yes, if so, we then go to the callback action and it goes to its own Callback queue.

Thanks

Hey Alastair do you have an example flow that you can share? This is something we are interested in creating as well.

Hi @Melissa_Callender . I don't want to share the complete flow for privacy reason, but here are the principles.

1. Caller is in Inbound Call Flow and selecting options as usual
  2. In the Inbound Call Flow, we then check if the Rollover queue is busy, if so, we give the customer a callback option
  3. If they select this option, we then use a Set Participant Data block with an Attribute Name - Callback Selected and Value Yes
    Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 14.03.55
  4. We then Use the Transfer to ACD block to send the call to the Rollover queue with the desired Priority
  5. This then send the call not to the main queue, but the rollover queue with a dedicated rollover in-queue
  6. In that In-Queue we then gather the Participant data that was set in step 3 above
    Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 14.07.50
  7. We then use a Switch to see if the data is present
    Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 14.08.41
  8. And if it is, we then go to the Create Callback block
    Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 14.09.23

So the call is sent as an ACD call to the Rollover, which allows us to attach Priority points, but before it gets to the agent in the in-queue, we are then able to create a callback with the added priority points from the Inbound Flow

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.