API Explorer - Possible Values for Query Parameters

In the older version of API Explorer, it would allow you to see possible values to use for adjusting any sort of API Query Parameters. For example, the API would show you the maximum number of entities to use for "pageSize", or available values to use in the "expand" parameter, to receive greater detail in your API Query Response.

In the BETA API Explorer, you can see the Query Parameters, but you have no purview into the possible values you can use:

It would be great to see that for this particular API I can retrieve up to 500 entities per page, or that I could expand "Users", for example.

Also, adjusting the query parameters would alter the query to be used itself. So it would also be beneficial to see the actual query getting used in the UI (as opposed to only the console). Which, I know I mentioned before in another thread; but hey, squeaky wheel and all. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Trent.

Which API resource are you looking at? Query params that are enums should present a dropdown for each member. There may be some format we're not handling correctly. Working example: GET /api/v2/users/me

That definitely will be implemented, hopefully in a batch of updates going out early next week.

Oh, that would be perfect. The API I was looking at in the above screenshot that seems to be different is

GET /api/v2/authorization/roles

So in this case, that expand parameter isn't an enum and it doesn't have defined values you can choose from. I've confirmed it's defined this way by the API and the legacy API Explorer dev tool presents this property the same way. Your best bet for prioritizing this is to open a case with Genesys Cloud Care to report this as a bug with the API, specifically that the API definition is missing any documentation for the expand parameter values. I'll pass this on directly as well, but reports from the forum don't have the same priority/SLA that Care cases do.

Ah. Gotcha. Sounds good and thanks for confirming!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.