Architect Callback

When using/testing callback feature in Architect we came across something that we could not find documented anywhere by Genesys.
So, here is what happened.
A Caller went to the callback to leave message after hearing prompt to start recording.
Then during the time of leaving a message (and before hanging up), the caller pressed a dtmf.
This action brought up whole new dialog to the caller to act upon. It was speech enabled and offered the caller to cancel, re-listen or complete the message.
If the caller then pressed another dtmf, then dialog would switch to dtmf enabled , offering to press 1/2/3/4 in order to receptively re-listen, send, re-record or cancel callback all together.
This is very surprising and leave us with no idea who to control this feature as it seems to be like a blackbox.
Is there anything that we can do about that , in order to control this additional dialogs (e.g. can we disable it altogether, so caller pressing a dtmf during callback voicemail recording does not trigger that additional dialog(s))

Hello,

Are you invoking a "Create Callback" action or a "Transfer to Voicemail" action in your Architect flow?
Based on your description, it seems to refer to the Transfer to Voicemail action.

Assuming it is the case, I don't think there are options to disable the offer to listen, re-record or cancel.
In the "Transfer to Voicemail" action page, the following is specified (non-configurable menu with speech recognition enabled by default):
When callers complete a voicemail message, they can press any DTMF digit to end the recording. The system prompts callers with a non-configurable menu, where speech recognition is enabled by default, that includes Send Message, Review, Rerecord, and Cancel options. Callers can also just hang up to send the voicemail and end the call.

Just as a recommendation, I would suggest to post questions related to features capabilities/behavior/configuration on the Genesys Cloud Community Forum.
The Developer Forum is meant for questions on development (leveraging Genesys Cloud API and SDKs).

Note that you can also request a new feature and share your use case at https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/

Regards,

No, it's the other one that we invoke and try to use.
So, "Create Callback" action, not Transfer to Voicemail.
By invoking "Create Callback", caller gets opportunity to record message, during which speech enabled dialog is triggered, if caller presses "accidentally or intentionally" any number on their phone.

As far as I know, the "Create Callback" block (in Toolbox - Flow - Create Callback) does not offer to record a message by itself.

Are you sure that you are not using an Architect Inbound or In-Queue flow, which after the "Create Callback" block, sends the caller to a Menu or to a Collect Input to ask him if he wants to record a message, and that then invokes the "Transfer to Voicemail" action?

If you think there is something which is not working, you can open a ticket with Genesys Cloud Customer Care, providing the conversationId of that call. We cannot access and investigate customer environment and data from this forum.

Also, as mentioned above, I would suggest to post questions related to features capabilities/behavior/configuration on the Genesys Cloud Community Forum.
The Developer Forum is meant for questions on development (leveraging Genesys Cloud API and SDKs).

Note that you can also request a new feature and share your use case at https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/

Regards,

Yes, that's observed behaviour of the "Create Callback" regardless in the In-Queue flow or in the Flow itself.
So, once in the block, you hear the message (which flow designer can customise) "after the tone please record you message". After leaving message caller can hangup, and the callback would be delivered to first available Agent.
Agent would get incoming call in form of the callback with a message that caller left. Agent can perform callback or do something else (e.g. schedule callback for later times). But that's not the point.
The point is that when caller gets into the process of leaving a message as part of the "create callback" block, the caller can accidentally or intentionally press any dtmf which triggers that new speech enabled dialog.

As I said, there is no such message played or configurable at "Create Callback" action level in Architect (Genesys Cloud).
Maybe you can export your flow and upload it so I can understand.

Regards,

So sorry. Actually, we use "Transfer to Voicemail" not "Create callback". Hence all what you explained make sense now.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.