AttributeUpdateEvent, "Set Participant Data",

Hello,

I want to use "v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.attributes" topic filter to catch "AttributeUpdated" when you call "Set Participant Data" in architect flow.

Currently it looks like that event is only triggered when inbound flow end and not when you actually call "Set Participant Data" in flow - is that desired behavior or is there a way to force that event triggered when you actually call "Set Participant Data" ?

conversation attributes have some odd edge cases: Set Participant Data action - Genesys Cloud Resource Center

and i think what you are seeing is

"In some cases, the attribute value of a participant may change while the participant proceeds through a flow that also changes the attribute value. The updates made via the Set Participant Data action are queued in memory until just before flow termination. "

@TheRealKevinGlinski exactly - so I assume this is how it expected to work and there is no workaround to somehow force "AttributeUpdated" get triggered when "Set Participant Data" is called in flow ?

not to my knowledge

Hello,

I think the delay to update the participant data (at the end of the flow) is for voice.
I don't remember how Email, Web Chat or Messages flows behave. I think WebChat (maybe email) does an update immediately.

Workaround would be to attach the Participant Data using a Genesys Cloud Data Action (that invokes the proper API Endpoint).
Update will then be immediate.

Regards,