AudioHook custom JSON

According to the Deepgram AudioHook integration doc, you need to add custom json in order to specific Deepgram parameters and the callback endpoint.

Where does that json end up going? Is it added to the "open" message at the root level? Does it go into the HTTP headers? Or somewhere else?

Not having AudioHook due to a slow sales process, I can't figure it out on.

Thanks,

James

Hello, Genesys does not provide support for 3rd party integrations. You would need to follow up with Deepgram about the specifics of their integration and to get support for it. You can find the Genesys Cloud AudioHook documentation here: https://developer.genesys.cloud/devapps/audiohook/

But, apparently you do provide support for custom JSON in the AudioHook messaging. I just want to know where it goes.

I'm not sure what specifically you're referring to as "support for custom JSON in the AudioHook messaging". If you can link to a specific section in the AudioHook documentation you're asking about, I can try to explain it further.

The Deepgram docs just say " Under [Genesys] Configuration > Advanced, provide a JSON object to customize the Deepgram request." And then they give example.

I really appreciate your help by the way. I'm only doing all of this AudioHook emulation because I want to test some code before we or our partner have AudioHook itself running. I know this is probably not a typical question on here :slight_smile:

[Update: I've posted this on several forums so maybe i wasn't clear. I've written an AudioHook client-side emulator in order to test some server-side stuff. So, since I got my own client and server working, i figured i could try to prove it out a bit more by hitting this Deepgram integration. ]

I see what you're referring to. I don't believe that has anything to do with Genesys Cloud or AudioHook, other than that you configure it in the Genesys Cloud UI for the AudioHook Monitor integration. The Genesys Cloud docs for configuring the AudioHook Monitor (Configure and activate AudioHook Monitor in Genesys Cloud - Genesys Cloud Resource Center) don't mention anything about setting up those settings in the Advanced Configuration setting. I wouldn't expect them to be a normal part of the integration though, because integrations define/collect the properties they support on the Properties tab.

My best guess is that's custom data retrieved by the Deepgram integration for its own purposes. The JSON object you configure on that screen is retrieved in the API using GET /api/v2/integrations/{integrationId}/config/current. The settings they suggest in their doc don't look like anything relevant to Genesys Cloud, and I found that "nova" is a Deepgram language model.

TL;DR If you're implementing your own AudioHook integration and aren't using Deepgram in this case, ignore their custom data. Just set it up per the Genesys Cloud Resource Center article linked above.