Authenticate webmessaging with OKTA

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help me, so I following this steps for authenticate webmessaging: https://developer.genesys.cloud/blueprints/messenger-authentication-okta-integration-blueprint/

Using oath.html provided in above tutorial, I redirect oauth.html to OKTA login as following

redirect to OKTA

But when trying to get Genesys JWT, with using this script:

AuthProvider.registerCommand('getAuthCode', (e) => {
e.resolve({
authCode: authCode,
redirectUri: 'http%3A%2F%2Fdevsqlverweb1%2Fpurecloudchat%2Fmsg_auth.html',
nonce: '03421d0e-fa92-40df-a084-4bc5a215222a',
maxAge: 7200,
codeVerifier: ''
});
});

AuthProvider.subscribe('Auth.authenticated', (jwt,refreshToken) => {
console.log('jwt '+jwt);
console.log('refreshToken ' + refreshToken);
});

AuthProvider.ready();

I got following error: error 401 Unauthorised, as following:

detail error i got is

If anyone can advise, any step wrong ?

Thank you for help
Fransiska

Hi Fransiska,
Okta has nice debugging tool, you can find it once you log-in to your developer console, you can find under Reports > System Log. That should give you a hint as to whether the request from Genesys Cloud reached Okta APIs, and why it failed. You may want to double-check that redirectURI defined in JS is matching the one you defined in you Okta Application > General > Login > Sign-in Redirect URIs, otherwise validation will fail.
If that doesn't help, you can raise a ticket with Genesys Care and DM me that ticket number.

hi @Angelo_Cicchitto ,

thanks for advise.

I looked at Okta System Log, i can see log request came from webmessaging (see all below screenshot), does it means request from Genesys Cloud was succesful to reached Okta API ?

And i have another question is redirectURI in Genesys authPlugin need to be same as in Okta RedirectURi ?
If not what redirectURI we need to set in Genesys authPlugin script (below screenshot) ?

Thanks
Fransiska

Hi Fransiska:

1. Yes the Okta trace is showing request coming from Genesys Cloud.
  2. Yes the redirectURI passed in the getAuthCode must match the one you configure in Okta's Sign-in redirect URI field, as I mentioned earlier, otherwise the validation will fail (even if Okta shows success).
  3. Okta requires client to pass also nonce attribute, although it shouldn't be mandatory based OIDC standard. For that to work, you will need to determine value of nonce which is provided back from Okta after you sign-in. This value is returned by Okta in a local Cookie named okta-oauth-nonce (more details here if you're interested) once the user is redirected back to the website. So you should parse that Cookie and pass it in getAuthCode.

I can see from your comments we can improve Blueprint for further clarity on these points, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.