Automation trigger for outbound dialer behavior

Hi, i have a use case where i need to tag every interaction from outbound dialer with data from one of the columns in the contact list. I figured automation triggers would be the simplest way to do this hence i have a trigger configured on the v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.outbound topic. Once i recieve the event, i call a data action to retrieve columns from the contact list and set a conversation attribute with the column data i want to attach.

So far so good, however, i noticed that when iam using a preview campaigns, the event to the topic does not get triggered. I would expect it to be triggered as any outbound call made in a preview campaign is associated with the dialer attributes (campaign id etc.) hence should be associated with the topic subscribed.

My alternate option is to subscribe to a topic to watch conversations that ended in a queue associated with dialer however, i would have to call another data action to retrieve the outboundContactId (unless i can use get conversation data but not sure what to use as the attribute name) and i want to make this logic as lean as possible. The third alternative which doesnt exist is for dialer to support ability to flag columns to be automatically set as a attribute on the conversation.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.