Azure AD - Roles, Skills and Languages

Hi there,

Need a working example on how to set roles, skills and languages on Azure AD and sync them with Genesys Cloud via the SCIM integration. I didn't find the documentation very clear about this.
Can someone help please ?

Thanks.

In general, we document how to utilize our SCIM APIs, and leave the documentation for how to configure Azure AD up to Microsoft. Roles are generally handled using this link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/app-provisioning/customize-application-attributes#provisioning-a-role-to-a-scim-app

Skills and Languages are a little trickier, and would likely require the use of one of the extension attributes within Azure as a source. I highly recommend experimenting with the "provision on demand" feature within azure to test out attribute mappings on a single or small group of users before launching into a full sync of your directory. This will help to ensure that you have all of your mappings correct prior to pushing a large volume of data into Genesys Cloud.

Thank you Richard. I'll go through the link you provided and try your recommendations about Skills and Languages.

Regards

Is the roles component of the SCIM specification fully supported/exposed in the Genesys SCIM implementation?

For example: it is true that Roles are available on a User, and can be added/removed by the /User api, but is a list of available roles available in the Genesys SCIM implementation? As far as I can tell (looking at /api/v2/scim/v2/resourcetypes), they are not.

A list of roles is not available through the SCIM APIs, but is available through the Public API: https://developer.genesys.cloud/devapps/api-explorer#get-api-v2-authorization-roles

Roles can be set on the individual user through SCIM, and are matched to the corresponding role in Genesys Cloud by the name of the Role. This is accomplished through the Roles array that is a part of the standard SCIM user Schema. Here's an example payload to create a user that would place the user into Division1, with a role of Blah:

{
"urn:ietf:params:scim:schemas:extension:enterprise:2.0:User": {
"division": "division1"
},
"roles": [
{
"value": "blah"
}
],
"userName": "hello",
"displayName": "it's me",
"password": "aMario!",