Bulk Contact Upload Through API

I am currently uploading contacts through the API Post
/api/v2/outbound/contactlists/{contactListId}/contacts . We have multiple contact lists with some having 4k plus contacts in them. Is there a way to bulk upload these through the API not using a CSV file since we are grabbing data from a DB to upload? I only found a Bulk API call to get records not to upload contacts?

This is due to possible Rate Limits that we are running into per an error that we received.

See https://developer.mypurecloud.com/api/rest/v2/outbound/uploadcontactlists.html#file_import

I was hoping to avoid needing to create a CSV file since we wanted to keep this all within the code. We currently are uploading one contact at a time using the .Net OutBound API Method: PostOutboundContactlistContacts(contactlistId, ContactData) I was hoping there was a way to maybe create a list of all the contacts in a list then upload them into PureCloud avoiding file creation and such.

There's no requirement that a human create the file or that it exists at rest anywhere. The upload process just uses form-encoded data, which can be constructed programmatically.

The API resource you're using, POST /api/v2/outbound/contactlists/{contactListId}/contacts, accepts an array of up to 1000 contacts. If you want to do more in a single request, you need to use the CSV upload process.

1 Like

Thank you. I will work on modifying our process now.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.