Callers that leave a voicemail results in no number or a wrong number to call back

When the embedebble framework is used to transfer a caller to another queue, no number or the representatives' assigned DID is displaying as the callback number, when a caller leaves a voicemail call back.

We tested this out with the Genesys Browser UI and it functioned normally. i.e. the callers' phone number is the callback number.

We opened a ticket with customer care and they confirmed its not a call flow issue.

Any ideas how to go about resolving this?

Thanks

Hi Gary,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Dominic from Care reached out to me. I just wanted to make you aware that the Developer Forum is not a formal support organization with defined SLAs on when and if a forum post will get answered.

We try to answer questions as best as we can but not every question gets answered.

A couple of things can help get your forum posts answered:

1. Be specific as possible. If you have code examples that is great. Just make sure you scrub any sensitive
    credential information in your post. Posts with code examples are more likely to draw attention and will give the engineers who monitor the forum more to look at.

2. Don't be afraid to ping the forum once a week. The squeaky wheel does get attention. We have different engineers who monitor the forum so older forum posts are less likely to get answered. As I said though our engineers on the forum also support our developer tooling so we do not always guarantee an answer.

3. I have reached out to the engineering team that owns the embeddable framework to review your post. A code example will help. If they think there is a bug in our service/framework they will let me or the Care team know. If they think it is a problem in your code, they might be able to provide a direct answer. If it is a more complicated issue in your code or what you are trying to do they might also encourage a Professional Services engagement.

Thanks,
John Carnell
Director, Developer Engagement

Dear John,

Thank you for your reply and the information you provided.

Would you like our .js file to further investigate the issue? Please let me know if there is a specific email address to which I should send it.

Appreciate your assistance.

Gary

Hi Gary,

If you can drop me an email at john.carnell@genesys.com I will forward it onto the engineering team.

Thanks,
John Carnell
Director, Developer Engagement

Hi John,

Upon further investigation, we have successfully resolved the issue with callback numbers and voicemails. The root cause of the problem was identified within the in-queue call flow. We appreciate your prompt communication regarding this matter.

Kind Regards,

Gary

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.