Calling a Chat Bot from within the Agent UI

I know that you can call a Voice Bot from within the Agent UI by clicking Calls the + (New Phone Call). Entering in the name of the Bot with spaces if any being %20 @localhost e.g. Test%20Bot@localhost. This works well for a Voice Bot but how can I call a ChatBot from within the Agent UI. Is there an easy way to do this?

What's your use case? Is it just for testing or do you want production agents to actually interact with the bot?

The USE case is the customer wants the agents to be able to access a knowledge BOT. For me, it is for testing.

First I'd create a Web Messaging deployment and configuration: About web messaging - Genesys Cloud Resource Center. This will provide a snippet of code for you to embed in a web page to launch the Genesys Web Messaging UI.

Then I'd create a simply HTML page, host it somewhere, and put the Web Messaging snippet in that page. It literally can be an empty HTML page that just has the Web Messaging snippet because you are only using the page to launch the Web Messaging UI.

Then lastly I'd create an Interaction Widget: Set up an Interaction Widget integration - Genesys Cloud Resource Center. The interaction widget will iframe the HTML page you create above and make it available to the agent while they are engaged in an interaction.

Anytime the agent needs access to the knowledge they can click on the interaction widget, and use the Web Messaging UI to "chat" with the knowledge bot.

If you really want to take it to the next level and create your own UI around Web Messaging then you can refer to https://developer.genesys.cloud/api/digital/webmessaging/ (pay attention to the articles in the left hand pane) to figure out how create your own UI instead of using the Genesys supplied Web Messaging UI.

I have my web page with Web Messaging deployed so I can test with that. I did read about creating the Interaction Widget, so it seems that may be the way to go. I thought perhaps as Jim Ullyot had demonstrated accessing a VoiceBot in one of his demonstrations (DevDrop17) there may also be a quick way to test out a ChatBot.

Unfortunately the mechanism we have to call a call flow hasn't been replicated to the non-voice channels.