Campaign Priority

Hi Forum,

I'm trying to better understand the priority of the campaigns but I'm not succeeding.

I have two campaigns in power mode, the first with priority 5, the second with priority 4. I have analyzed the metrics of attempts and calls passed to the agents but I notice that the priority 4 campaign processes many more contacts and passes more calls to the agents of the campaign with priority 5.
All agents are on all 2 campaigns.

from 9am to 10am
Campaign (4): nOutboundAttempted 241, nOffered 26, tAnswered 20
Campaign (5): nOutboundAttempted 222, nOffered 52, tAnswered 48

from 10am to 11am
Campaign (4): nOutboundAttempted 518, nOffered 45, tAnswered 21
Campaign (5): nOutboundAttempted 216, nOffered 57, tAnswered 47

from 11am to 12am
Campaign (4): nOutboundAttempted 516, nOffered 54, tAnswered 31
Campaign (5): nOutboundAttempted 84, nOffered 22, tAnswered 21

can you explain the reason?

Thanks
Sergio

Hi Sergio,

Campaign priority has an element of randomness. If a priority 5 campaign and a priority 4 campaign are running with the same agent on both, the p5 campaign will have a 5/9 chance of having the agent assigned to it, while the p4 campaign will have a 4/9 chance. The p5 campaign will not always "win".

In addition, the number of calls each campaign makes isn't only determined by priority. Other factors such as number of outbound lines and calls per agent also play a role. For example, if the p4 campaign has a lower connect rate, it could have a higher CPA due to the pacing algorithm, and that CPA could be high enough to offset the difference in priority. even though it's only having agents assigned to it 4/9 of the time. This would also explain why the nOutboundAttempted values grew apart while the nOffered and tAnswered did not change as much until later.