Can anyone share Data flow configuration example for digital bot flow?

From the given Data Table Lookup action - Genesys Cloud Resource Center link, data table is not getting configured. It may be version issue I guess. If anyone have an example with data and screenshots, please share the link to configure Data Table in Digital Bot Flow.

Hello,

The Data Table doesn't get created in the Digital Bot Flow.

If you need to query a data table from your Digital Bot flow, you must first create the table using the Genesys Cloud Admin UI.
Create a data table

Regards,

We can use Data Table Lookup in the digital bot flow as provided in the toolbox. I have created data table and inserted some data as well. However, while configuring it in digital bot flow, the found outputs and failure outputs are not matching the values when running the bot.

I don't understand.

The "Data Table Action" will expose the main field/key label of your data table under "Inputs".
And the custom fields of your data table under "Found Outputs".

"Failure Outputs" are always the same: errorType, errorMessage.
This has nothing to do with content of your data table but failures retrieving your row/record (not found, ...).

Regards,

Let me rephrase my question.

In this below image, I have created a workflow where a Digital Menu is displayed and provide 2 buttons(options) - 1. Buy 2. Sell

After user selects an option out of Buy or Sell, the input should be matched in the Data Table Lookup as per my understanding. I have configured Found, Not Found and Failure for Buy option.

I believe I am missing something between Digital Menu and Data Table Lookup. Due to which the Lookup is not getting invoked in the Data Table Lookup component.

Here is the Data Table which I have created.

BuyingItems is the reference key

Here is the Data Table Lookup configuration

Please let me know what I am missing

This is coming in the Run test.

can we have any video link which can assist to configure digital bot ?

Hello,

I am only aware of the different pages/articles on the resource center: About Genesys Digital Bot Flows

3 comments:

• I think you should update your Digital Bot flow to avoid finishing with the "Wait for Input" block. Use a "Disconnect" or Exit Bot flow, ...
    You have the exact same wording (question) for your Digital Menu at the beginning and for your Wait For Input at the end - i.e. "What would you like to do?"
    This doesn't help you differentiate where you are in your flow. The last questions that you have at the end of your screenshot come from this Wait for Input block - where you have answered kid, buy chair, ...

• If you want to make sure you restart at the beginning of your bot flow when you test, make sure to click Close Chat (and then Start Chat) or Reset Chat.

• If you make changes to your flow and want to test it, you MUST publish the flow before, so that these changes are taken into account in the test tool.
    The lack of messages after your Data Action request may come from the fact that you were still testing previous version of your flow (I mean you didn't publish your flow with changes and then test).

Regards,

Thanks Jerome! These suggestions helped! I might ask more questions in the same thread if related.

I'd suggest to open a different thread if the questions are different.

I haven't practiced Digital Bots more than a couple of times. So someone else may have a better answer for you (if they see your post title/question and know the answer). This site is a forum. So everybody can participate.

Regards,

Sure Jerome
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.