Can I add resources using terraform?

I'm new to CX as Code and terraform so I'm trying to understand what can and can't be done.

Can I use CX as Code to add resources without having to export the existing resource, and add the resources in that file?

For example, I want to add particular skills and users.

If I have a json in the same format as an export that defines those new skills and users, am I able to use terraform to add those to the environment? Unless I'm missing something, I can't find a way to do it using apply or import. So I want to know if it is possible.

Hi Alex,

You don't have to export your org to in order to add resources to it. If you wish to add resources to your org you simply need to define the resources you wish to add to a .tf file or json file (I would suggest a .tf file). Terraform only has knowledge of the resources that it created and thus manages, it has no knowledge of resources that already exist in your org, unless you create a reference to them using a data source. Here is a link to the documentation for the provider and here is a link to the cx as code readme, they should help you get started with cx as code.

Regards,
Declan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.