Can I do parallel tasks in Architect Flow

Hi,

I am working on a Architect flow for a voice call. In the Flow, I need to run a Data Action and query Salesforce and gather some data, this I am able to do, but sometimes it takes a number of seconds to do and during this time I have it set to place MOH.

What I was looking for is

1. A way to play an announcement at the same time as the data action is busy, in effect running two tasks at once. Or
  2. Run the Data action and ensure that it plays the Full prompt during this time and not just a fraction of it.

Any ideas

Thanks

It would be nice if Genesys cloud was able to use parallel task
Its not possible like on Composer, we run into the same problem and we have build a A-sync API that on the first request starts the collecting data and exit the data action in few seconds and then we play welcome prompt (12 sec) and then we do a new request to the API that will provide the collected data.

Thanks @JurgHof I think I might have to do that. I am surprised that Genesys doesn't allow you easily to do parallel tasks, especially with data actions/API now playing a big part in the decision making in a flow

Hi @JurgHof Can I ask how you do the A-Sync API. We using a Data Action which takes time and in the case of creating a new case is taking 4-5 seconds. Do you use something other than a Data Action?

Any details or screen shots would be gratefully appreciated
Thanks

we retrieve data from a back-end system and so we created an a-sync API in azure for that. First request to this function will start the proces, second request is getting the results.

Hi Jurg,

I am going to drop this message thread into our architect team room just so they are aware of it. I would ask that you open an Idea in our Ideas portal as our product managers look at customer requests and try to act on them.

Thanks,
John Carnell
Director, Developer Engagement

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.