Can one customer have two accounts in same region?

I have a requirement where I need to use genesys domain "usw2.pure.cloud" in order to retrieve data and I wanted to know If it is possible that one user can have multiple accounts in the same domain.

Hello,

I don't know what you mean by accounts.

To clarify, a Genesys Cloud environment/organization is defined by the region it belongs to and an identifier/name (organization id/name).
Can a customer purchase 2 different organizations that reside in the same Genesys Cloud region? Why not. Each would have a different organizationId/name.

Regards,

Can we create two Organizations in the same region with the same login id.
i.e. in our case we are using "aws-fabric-ds-isv-preprod@amazon.com" for USW2 region.
Can we create two organizations within the same region with this same id?

Yes, see Members of multiple organizations here: Log in for the first time - Genesys Cloud Resource Center

This link seems to mention the steps that can be used to login when you already have two orgs created with the same email id.

We want to know the steps to create two orgs with the same email id.

To purchase a new org, please reach out to your account manager to begin the purchasing process.

To create users once you have your org, see here: Add people one at a time - Genesys Cloud Resource Center

Right now, we are using a free account. Will our account manager be able to use the same email id "aws-fabric-ds-isv-preprod@amazon.com" to create another org in the same USW2 region?

I'm not sure that we can be any clearer that you can reuse email addresses across orgs. Please work with your account manager to get additional orgs created. They will be the best person to advise you on exactly what they can and can't do for you.