Can we please have access to the old developer center

I would like to request the option to continue using the old developer center. I find the new platform is cluttered with information I don't need and no longer organized in a logical way. Additionally, all of the API documentation now includes data entry field to test the API. This is cluttering up the documentation I need to read. At the very least, we should have the option to turn of the testing side to allow us the ability to read the docs. I test them locally and don't need all the UI cluttering up my resources.

1 Like

Hi Heather,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Two things:

1. I really like your idea of being able to "turn off" the execution part of the new API explorer so that if you are just looking at using the documentation you can do that. I want to chat with the other developers on the team and get this into our backlog. It was a use case that we had not thought of and I think it has some merit.

2. This is the first iteration of our new developer center and at this point, we are not planning on allowing for a fallback to the old developer center. We will be collecting feedback over the next several weeks and will be meeting regularly with our product management and UX teams to review site feedback, prioritize changes and then tweak the site organization as necessary to improve it.

Thanks for the patience as no matter how many user interviews and design sessions we do, we will always miss something or make changes that everyone is not happy with.

So please keep the feedback coming. It's very much appreciated.

Thanks,
John Carnell
Manager, Developer Engagement

Thank you, John, for your response. I really appreciate the quick turnaround.

In the spirit of UX feedback, I do have one other item that would help revive the functionality I previously had. In the old version of the Developer Center, I was able to click the Genesys icon in the top left-hand corner and see an index-like view of the general functionality available. This was my primary method of navigating the site. I don't know about other software developers, but I don't always know the exact API endpoint for which I need to review documentation. I am a very visual person and being able to see everything listed in a neat and organized list was a quick way for me to scan and jog my memory or get an idea of what I was looking for. I have historically found this to be faster than navigating all the menus of hyperlinks. Would it be possible to provide a single page with a similar index-like view for people who actually liked that function of the old site?

Thank you for your time,
Heather

2 Likes

Hi Heather,

No worries. I talked with my team and we are going to look at some kind of controls that will allow you to hide the "API Explorer" fields and go back to a more documentary point of view. I think what you are referring to in your comments above is the site map for the site. Let me take your feedback and see what we can do.

I think the challenge we have is that we have received that our site is extremely difficult for new users to navigate. We definitely want to make sure we can also meet the needs of our power users once they have gotten used to the site and want to get to where they are going as quickly as possible. If you have not done so yet, I would encourage you to take a look at our toolbox. We are now allow onsite bookmarking and we are going to continue to build out functionality that helps personalize the site to the individual developers.

Thanks,
John Carnell
Manager, Developer Engagement

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.