Changing Language on manual outbound interaction? (non-campaign)

From the documentation, one can seemingly only set the language of outbound calls on the Trunk, which is severely limiting for multi-national deployments. I was attempting to fire a Trigger when an outbound interaction starts/connects, but I'm having no luck in actually changing the language. The workflow does fire, and my debug logging indicates it at least did run the step to set the new language, but when viewing the transcript for the interaction, it just defaults to en-us instead of es-us as my testing queue was attempting to set. This makes Transcripts for non-English calls essentially garbage, and since there's no way to tell the platform to re-transcribe in a different language, our supervisors tend to avoid doing QA on outbound calls because they can't use the transcripts to skim, speech & text analytics topics, etc.

High level flow

1. Agent dials outbound call on behalf of queue
  2. Trigger evaluates and fires (working)
  3. Workflow runs (working)
  4. Workflow calls a reusable task to set the language if the queue name does not contain "English" (working in logging, but interaction language is not changed

I'm triggering on v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.user.start . I have the sinking suspicion my design is flawed, and all I'm really doing is setting the language for just the Workflow itself, not the triggering conversation.

Normally I'd trigger a Data Action to use the Genesys Cloud API to update an in-flight conversation's info, but there are no API's for setting language that are exposed, as far as I could find. We do that for updating conversation Priority in this way, for example. Since there's no concept of an "outbound flow for non-campaign dialing", I'm stuck trying to hack at this in a different way. Is it even possible to set the language of an outbound interaction in this way, or should I just abandon hope and head to Aha to enter an Idea to fill a feature gap?

Hey Paul,

Maybe someone else in this room knows which (if any) API you need, however I don't know anything about this area :frowning:

A couple of suggestions:

• Create a new post in the Platform API room that is narrowed down to asking for the API that would allow you to set the language for an interaction.
  • Open a support ticket around this to have them look into this for you.

--Jason

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.